Hi there! I’m Casey, a Registered Dietitian, farmers market fanatic, aspiring fitness warrior, and lifelong student of all things food and nutrition. I get excited about the arrival of warm, fuzzy peaches at the farmers market, and I find there is no better occasion to dig into a nourishing and fluffy veggie omelette than after a sweaty run or spin class.
I believe that choosing nutritionally rich foods and practicing positive eating and lifestyle behaviors will allow anyone to become a healthier individual for life. I enjoy and encourage cooking with local and seasonal ingredients, eating a diet of real foods that works with your body, and being mindful of how the larger food system affects our health.
After completing a bachelors in Nutrition & Food Science from the University of Vermont, I immersed myself in the food and nutrition culture of New York City. I have a Masters degree in Nutrition and Public Health from Teachers College Columbia University, and am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist conducting one-on-one and group nutrition counseling and education at outpatient primary care clinics in NYC. I specialize in weight loss and maintenance, diabetes management, gastrointestinal nutrition, cardiac care, and nutrition throughout the life cycle.
Communicating nutrition and health information to my patients and the public is a passion of mine. By examining evidence based research, I am able to effectively communicate nutriton recommendations in English and Spanish, through writing, speaking, and creating educational materials. I have consulted with an international nutrition communications group, helping food manufacturers and health companies tell their stories. My articles on health and wellness have been featured in The Stone Soup, a publication of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
I love to cook and enjoy sharing my recipes with family and friends. When I’m not in the kitchen, you can find me being active and eating across NYC or traveling the globe with my husband
Follow Club Nutritious for stories from my kitchen, a lot of food puns, tales from the desk of an RD, and discussions of important nutrition and health topics that may help guide you on your own path to wellness.
In good food and health,
- RD- Registered Dietitian, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 2016
- CDN- Certified Dietitian Nutritionist, New York State License, 2016
- MS- Masters of Science- Nutrition & Public Health, Teachers College Columbia University, 2016
- BS- Bachelor Science- Nutrition and Food Science, University of Vermont, 2011
- Minor in Food Systems
- Participant in travel abroad study in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, member
- Latinos and Hispanics in Dietetics and Nutrition, interest group member
- Diabetes Care and Education, practice group member
- New York State Dietetics Association, member
- Greater New York Dietetic Association, member
- NYC Nutrition Education Network, member
- Stone Soup blog of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, contributing writer